HOBAS CSO Chamber (Combined Sewer Overflow)
In cooperation with the CVUT University Prague under the direction of Jaroslav Pollert PhD and in compliance with the EU Water Framework Directive 2000/60/EC, HOBAS developed an efficient GRP overflow system for combined sewers: The HOBAS CSO Chamber separates suspended solids from wastewater very efficiently and directs them to the wastewater treatment plant, while the cleaned part of the water is led into the receiving water course.
The system is based on a design which has been verified by means of a mathematical CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) and a physical model. Through this basic model, flow analyses for various flow rates and dimensions can be simulated and optimized. The model has been repeatedly verified by laboratory tests and actual projects. Each HOBAS CSO Chamber is individually designed and optimized according to the specified requirements.
Advantages of the HOBAS CSO Chamber:
- Reliable stormwater overflow
- Low-maintenance, self-cleaning system
- Optimal separation of suspended solids (design benefits secondary flow effects)
- Additional storage function
- Modular system
- Quick installation
- Little space and excavation required for installation
- Withstands high traffic loads with minimum covering